Don’t miss the opportunity to be involved in the Granite Belt Irrigation Project: a major infrastructure project to transform one of Australia’s premium food and wine regions with a high reliability source of water.
Major water infrastructure
The Granite Belt Irrigation Project will deliver a 12,000 megalitre dam near Stanthorpe, around 120km of pipeline to provide water to approximately 50 agribusiness customers. Tenders for dam, pump stations and pipelines construction, valued at approximately $52 million, will be released in 2021.
- $23.4 million from local irrigators – the highest proportion of private investment in water infrastructure in Queensland’s history
- $47 million from the Australian Government
- $13.6 million (conditional) from the Queensland Government.
Ideal place to work
- High levels of community support
- Significant local plant and equipment subcontracting capacity
- Renowned food, wine and national parks region
- Less than three hours to Brisbane.
Contractors wanting to understand more about the detailed design can download the “Business Case Preliminary Reference Design”.